We're pleased to announce the availability of RT 4.2.0rc2 - the second release candidate for the next major version of RT.
This release fixes a number of errors found in testing the first release candidate:
- Fix minor formatting errors in POD documentation
- Switch away from use of methods which are now deprecated
- Accept S/MIME certificates with CRLF newlines
- Allow S/MIME encryption to untrusted certificates
- Fix index manipulation on case-sensitive MySQL installations
- Correct upgrade history for extensions
We would be thrilled to hear your experiences installing or upgrading to this release; the more feedback we get, the sooner the official release of RT 4.2.0 can occur. Bear in mind that reports of successful installs and upgrades are just as important as reports of issues.
Please be sure to review the upgrading documentation available in docs/UPGRADING-4.2, as there are a number of backward-incompatible changes that come along with the new version number.
In anticipation of the final RT 4.2.0 release, we're also starting to schedule upgrades. If you have questions about upgrading or other aspects of RT 4.2.0 you can get in touch with us at email@example.com.