Best Practical Solutions is happy to announce the release of RT 3.8.6.
For complete instructions on how to install and download this RT release, please read this rt-users mailing list post.
This release contains numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements, as well as a few new features.
Please read UPGRADING for notes on some database updates and how to upgrade your old Custom Field Categories to the new Hierarchical Custom Field system.
Significant changes include:
- A new Hierarchical Custom Field system.
- Performance improvements in the spreadsheet export.
- With the optional Parse::BooleanLogic, we've added better support for Custom Fields in the export.
- Forward all responses to a ticket, rather than just a single transaction.
- Bugfixes for comboboxes and hierarchical custom fields in IE.
- Better error messages when unprivileged users attempt to access administrative areas.
- Complete refactor of autohandler (code that handles Login) (Compatible with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth 0.08).
- Performance improvements when displaying pages with many different users (ticket history, search results).
- Two small memory leak fixes in the Query Builder and html parsing.
- Shredder bugfixes and the ability to limit shredding to users in a particular group using the member_of option.
- New PlainTextMono config option (display wrapped and formatted plain text attachments) that uses css to show history in a monospaced font but still force wrapping (unlike PlainTextPre).
- Display fix for tickets with non-ascii characters in the Subject.
A more complete changelog is available at the above link. Thanks to everyone who helped out by voting and helping to automate the changelog creation for this release!