We are happy to announce that RT 3.8.4 is now available. You can
download it from:
This is primarily a bugfix and security release of RT.
The most important fix is that RT now requires the SuperUser right to edit global RT at a Glance. In all previous 3.8 releases, the "ShowConfigTab" right unintentionally enabled this. If you have not granted this right to any non-administrative user, then this issue should not affect you.
Alternatively, you can download and install the patch that resolves this issue without requiring an upgrade to 3.8.4.
A more complete list of bugs and features can be found after the cut.
Please note that there is a change to database content in this release; see UPGRADING for more.
- Clean up NotifyGroup action
- Obsolete old storable format in NotifyGroup action
- Add support for group name, user name, user's email address and just an email address in NotifyGroup action. This will make easier to use it in crontool.
- Add upgrade script for RT 3.8.4
- Use new format and obsolete old format, we have upgrade script for conversion
- Add support to rt-crontool for --template argument that allows you to specify the name of a template. Template overridings will work for names. Hide --template-id from help, but don't disable it.
- Use RT::Plugin in RT->PluginDirs, so we can override only one place in our tests
Fixes & Cleanups
- Force some widgets to fit at max parent box.
- Use true arrow (html entities) in button for SelectionBox Widget (closes: #13481).
- Add ability to change graph groupby and type once the graph is displayed. (closes: #13479).
- Add a link in search tickets tab to jump easily to Chart when a query exist.
- Be more consistent in Create/Save Changes buttons across objects.
- Be more consistent in Select/New links (most don't list the object name, so do this everywhere).
- Fix overlapping of password file by login button on login page (closes: #13496).
- Show difference in Dashboard queries between saved searches and graphs (like in RT at a glance pref) (closes: #13497).
- Don't show empty value in ticket edit basics queue dropdown, as a ticket must be in a queue.
- In RT::Plugin->Path don't add trailing slash when requested subdir is not defined or empty.
- Typo in IsCc|IsAdminCc documentations.
- Don't show "deleted" status in create ticket page as it doesn't make sense to create deleted tickets (closes: #13500).
- Use GET for firefox2 in ahah (fixes Bookmarks on FF2).
- Allow the creation of tickets in disabled Queues; this is how Approvals work.
- Factor out the quickbar-personal div into its own template.
- Fix failing tests caused by wording changes.
- Avoid undef warning if this is the first time a dashboard has been sent.
- Pull out the value of Counter only once.
- perl.org is a better canonical URL for Perl than .com (in README).
- Pass more context into callbacks when editing custom fields.
- Localize custom field name on edit.
- Don't update watcher in queue watcher edit page when we search for people and one or more current watchers are selected (closes: #13425).
- Require SuperUser for editing global RT at a Glance.
- Add a ReadOnly mode for SelectionBox widgets.
- Show the RT at a Glance selection boxes as ReadOnly if there's no permission to edit them.