RT 3.8.1 now available
We're pleased to announce RT 3.8.1, a recommended update to the current RT 3.8 release series.
This update contains several important bugfixes and some minor functionality improvements.
You can download this release from:
This release of RT has been digitally signed with PGP. You can download the signature file at:
Important changes and updates include:
- [SECURITY] Fixed a potential HTML injection attck via user's properties.
- Better support for installation on Solaris and FreeBSD (non-GNU make).
- Updates to documentation and scripts for upgrading from MySQL 4.0
- Updated upgrade documentation for the new Queue Tag and bookmarks features.
- Multiple bugs in iCal support fixed.
- Backwards compatibility fixes for extensions developed against 3.6
New features include:
- Added support for external links in tabs and targets.
- Addition of a new callback before ticket creation so you can implement custom validation or stop creation for another reason.
- Missing documentation to external authentication configuration variable in bin/rt and make it possible to set it via ENV.
- Merged method in RT::Ticket.
A complete changelog of fixes, documentation changes, translation updates, and tests is below.
- Avoid possible corruption of $_ in Mail Plugins.
- Fixed Bulk Update and limited searches.
- Added backwards compatibility fixes for Email::Address vs Mail::Address.
- Fixed Makefile to be more compatible with non-gnu make (FreeBSD).
- [SECURITY] Fixed a potential HTML injection via user's properties.
- Fixed adding of Watchers using usernames instead of emails.
- Removed confusing buttons from WYSIWIG editor.
- Fixed JS Editing Widget for Replies under IE.
- Fixed emails squelching. (In RT 3.8.0 user may receive notification even if he has been blacklisted.)
- Some parts in templates could be localized using language preferences defined in the browser of first visitor.
- Fixed issue with international values of header fields in ticket's history when ticket is created via UI.
- Fixed encryption of attachments using inline format.
- Undefs may end up in callbacks cache, try to prevent them.
- Fixed compatibility with mod_perl2
- Make shrink_cgm_table.pl utility from etc/upgrade/less memory hungry; loads only 1000 records at once.
- Multiple fixes in new 'plugins' functionality.
- Fixed autocomplete custom field with one value.
- Multiple fixes in etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl:
- Fixed issues with NOT NULL DEFAULT NULL
- Bump required version of DBD::mysql
- Right after connect execute SET NAMES on mysql 4.1 and newer.
- Fixed Queues.html link in Tabs for Admin/Global/CustomFields.
- Don't add additional line endings in ticket history contents if using PlainTextPre display.
- Take care of $OldestTransactionsFirst when tagging transactions as last one with "lasttrans" in ticket history.
- Various small fixes in web installer.
- Make the height of navigation box adjust itself when there is more than one line of items.
- Don't install anything if it's 'inplace' layout.
- Fix disappearing bookmarks after ticket merges.
- In 3.8.0 searches for bookmarks were implemented as invalid TicketSQL so it was not possible to adjust global format of 'Bookmarked Tickets' search or use its bookmarks in other searches. New syntax has been implemented "id = '__Bookmarked__'" that can be used. (Read UPGRADING for more info.)
- Fixed handling of relative dates entered by user vs. timezones.
- Multiple fixes in iCal feeds.
- CF->Queue method has been deprecated and deleted, but there was still a call in the code.
- Fixed invocations of install and find commands, installation should start working again on some systems.
- Ship the latest install-sh from AM 1.10
- Made iCal date fomatter consistent with other formatters.
- Return some backward compatibility in /Elements/ListActions for extensions.
- Changed submit Label to be "Modify" when editing an existing template.
- Don't hide the footer in dashboard renders.
- Updated UPGRADING, READING, UPGRADING.mysql
- Updated docs/queue_subject_tag.pod
- Default layout is relative these days
- Tests coverage instructions.
- Fixed various typos.
- Updated Japanese translation.
- Updated Russian translation.
- Clean ups in shredder's tests.
- More fixes for parallel testing.
- Output mail to tempfile instead of default /mailer.testfile when using the 'testfile'.