Request Tracker 4.4 introduces a number of keyboard shortcuts to improve your productivity. On any page in RT, you can now press "?" on your keyboard to bring up a list of shortcuts for the current page.
The following shortcuts are available globally throughout RT:
- / - Select the quick search text box at the top of RT
- gh - Return to the "RT at a glance" homepage
- gb - Activates your browser's back button
- gf - Activates your browser's forward button
There are also a number of page-specific shortcuts. On the search results page the following keyboard shortcuts are available:
- j - Move down the list of results (You'll see a blue bar highlighting the current result)
- k - Move up the list of results
- o or enter - Go to the ticket display page for the currently-selected ticket
- r - Reply to the currently-selected ticket
- c - Comment on the currently-selected ticket
If you are on the Bulk Update page, there is one more shortcut available in addition to the above:
- x - Toggle the currently-selected ticket's checkbox
We hope that these shortcuts will save you time throughout your day. Do you have any other ideas for shortcuts? Please let us know in the comments!