It's my pleasure to announce RT 4.0.12 is now available for download.
This release of RT repairs a regression in 4.0.11. If you use the Rich Text Editor, the red background on Reply was missing due to the update of CKEditor to support IE10. It also includes a database upgrade, so please make sure to run 'make upgrade-database'.
- Date and DateTime Custom Fields now have the same 'smart' date parsing that core RT date fields have.
- Improved logging when the sending of a Correspond or Comment fails.
- The Quick Search preferences page now has Select/Clear All buttons.
- Unprivileged users can now change Language and Time Zone.
- Warn MySQL users if their max_allowed_packet is dangerously low.
- Repair 4.0.11 regression where red background on Reply with the RichText Editor was lost.
- Quiet warnings in the verbose user format.
- Allow changing the case of a Group's name (prevented by earlier code stopping you from having two groups with the same name).
- Allow changing the case of a Class's name.
- Avoid warnings when using empty Templates.
- Update our InnoDB checks for MySQL 5.6 compatibility.
- Clarification of when SetOutgoingMailFrom and OverrideOutgoingMailFrom are available.
- Improve layout of collection lists in IE.
- Fix Attach more files button in Self Service.
- Set caching headers on autocomplete endpoints.
- Restore and improve prematurely deleted documentation for DontSearchFileAttachments.
- Correct the encoding of Dashboard email Subject headers.
- Fix the default roles on User->WatchedQueues.
- Document the need to grant SeeCustomField in UPGRADING-3.4.
- Nudge menus below the shadows in aileron.
- Fix missing headers and a syntax error in the /REST/1.0/attachment/NN endpoint.
- Improve the display of numbers when using the French localization.
- Built in components and searches (such as Bookmarked Tickets) are now localizable.
- Use PostgreSQL error codes in the full-text-indexer instead of matching on error messages that may be in a non-english language.
- Localize 'Dashboard' during creation.
- Mark 'Modify this user' as localizable.
- Test can now be run against a remote DB server.
- Install etc/upgrade to make some rt-setup-database actions easier without requiring access to the install directory.
- RT_TEST_PARALLEL_NUM controls the -j param in make parallel-test
- Work around a git bug in git archive when packaging releases. This caused the third party sources to bloat the 4.0.11 tarball.
- Fix examples in the CreateTickets documentation.
- RT Ticket types (ticket, approval, reminder) are now always forced to lower case.
- Allow the use of 'NOT IN' in Limits (assuming a new enough DBIx::SearchBuilder).
A complete changelog is available from git by running:
git log rt-4.0.11..rt-4.0.12
or viewing Github's comparison.