Public RT Training Sessions
Best Practical Solutions provides unparalleled instruction in how to get the most out of Request Tracker. Check out our blog for the latest updates on dates and locations.
This training will introduce you to the new features in RT 4.4 as part of a comprehensive overview. Whether you're an old hand at RT or a recent convert, you'll have a good understanding of all of RT's features and functionality by the end of the session. Here's a snapshot of what we cover in all public training sessions.
Request Tracker Administration
- RT basics and concepts
- Installing RT
- Users and Groups
- Building flexible rights models
- Authenticating your users
- Integrating RT into your email flow
- Saved Searches
- Advanced views, reporting, and notifications
- Basic approvals
- Localization and internationalization
- Integrating extensions and a tour of common plugins
- Request Tracker API
- Commandline Interface
- REST API
- Data Model
- Building an Extension
- Profiling and Debugging RT
- Tuning RT and your Database
Q&A session with Best Practical engineers
We also cover the basics of RT for Incident Response, in the afternoon of the second day.
NEW: RT workshop day!
This third day will allow us to go much deeper into some aspects of RT's internals and spend more time on questions specific to your RT instance. This is our plan for day three:
- BPS engineers will walk through the process of creating a new RT extension, showing every step live. Participants are encouraged to bring their ideas for new extensions so they can follow along and create their own.
- BPS engineers will be available to work with participants on questions related to their RT instances. Questions can include rights and administration via the web interface, configuration questions, scrips and template coding and setup, and custom code.
While we will have some prepared material, the majority of the day is a hands-on workshop with participants actively working on their own RT projects. If you have specific ideas or RT customizations you would like to work on, join us for this full day workshop directly following the training and let BPS help you resolve your internal RT to-do list.
Each class includes training materials, a continental breakfast, and snacks (lunch is not provided).
If you're from an academic institution, or are a current support customer, please contact us ahead of time to arrange for special pricing.
Our next Public Training Will Be:
In Europe in the Spring of 2017. Stay tuned for more information.
Best Practical can also tailor training specifically to your company's needs in our private training sessions. Our private sessions start at USD $5000 for up to 8 students, per day, plus standard travel expenses. Please contact us to see if private training is a good fit for your needs.