Paris Request Tracker Training, April 24 - 26, 2017!
RT 4.0 will reach end of life on February 15, 2017. It is recommended that users upgrade their RT instances to a supported version, 4.2 or 4.4, before that time.
Request Tracker, with its first class support for email, offers the familiarity of a shared inbox. On top of that, RT brings the organizational power of an enterprise ticketing system.
We're pleased to announce the availability of RT 4.4.1. This release addresses several bugs in RT 4.4.0 and also adds a few small but important features. The list of new features is provided below. Please see our official release announcement for more information, including the complete set of changes and bugfixes.
- Administrators and users can now choose to place signatures above the quoted message in replies (RT_Config setting SignatureAboveQuote and the similarly named user preference). This also improves the specific spacing between quotes and signatures in all configurations.
- Users may now choose to suppress dashboard email when all of its searches have no results. This is controlled by the new "Suppress if empty" checkbox on the subscription page.
- The Dashboard subscription recipient options have been greatly expanded from a single text field (which happened to support multiple email address separated with a comma) to a robust user/group search.
- Users may now select a specific language for each dashboard email subscription. Administrators can customize the method by which dashboard email language is chosen (including specifying an ultimate fallback other than English) with the EmailDashboardLanguageOrder RT_Config setting.
- The "hide unset fields" preference now also hides unset custom fields, obsoleting RT::Extension::CustomField::HideEmptyValues. Additionally there is now a toggle button at the top right of the ticket display page for quickly toggling whether unset fields are hidden or shown.
- There is a new SetInitialCustomField right that permits setting custom field values on records (tickets, assets, articles) while you are creating them. It does not permit modifying custom field values of existing records. Users with SetInitialCustomField but without ShowCustomField will still be able to specify a custom field value at create time but not see it afterwards.
- Administrators and users can now choose to display queue dropdowns as an autocomplete field (RT_Config setting "AutocompleteQueues"), much like is available for Owners. If your RT instance has many queues this option improves performance and usability.
- New config for hiding time worked, time estimated, and time left from unprivileged users in the self-service interface (RT_Config setting "HideTimeFieldsFromUnprivilegedUsers"). This also adds a hook point RT::Ticket::CurrentUserCanSeeTime for further customization.
- Long attachment lists can now be truncated to show only the X newest attachments, with an AJAX "Show all" link, (RT_Config setting "AttachmentListCount"). This should improve the performance and usability of both ticket display and ticket reply pages.
We're pleased to announce the availability of RT 4.2.13. This release is a bugfix release; most notably, values in charts are now sorted numerically, and regression for time zones on date/time custom fields has been addressed. Please see our official release announcement for more information, including the complete set of changes and bugfixes.
Request Tracker 4.4 introduces a number of keyboard shortcuts to improve your productivity. On any page in RT, you can now press "?" on your keyboard to bring up a list of shortcuts for the current page.
Best Practical has released a new extension to make it easy to tag tickets with useful keywords. The tags then become a link to a search for all active tickets with that tag.